The time has come again when all travel professionals meet at the Jacob Javitz Center. Im talking about the NY Times Travel Show in New York City. Every year New York Times puts together a trade show bringing travel tourism boards and ‘travel experts’ under one roof. A perk of attending this show, was meeting some of my favorite young bloggers that I’d previously connected with through social media.
Frommers Family – Major Developments in Travel
They provided some good tips and advice for traveling in 2015
Current travel data
- Major Airlines are making it much harder to get travel miles in 2015. Miles will be based on the miles you fly not on the dollars you spend.
- Credit Cards are still the best way to earn travel miles.
- The Euro is cheapest it’s been. Go to Europe now.
- Savings of 19% for those who books flights on a Sunday
- Book 57 days before travel for domestic tickets.
They also reminded us that Africa can really use the support from the travel community.
Outlook For Travel to Cuba seminar was very popular, given the new rules that recently went into effect
There is also a cruise service that tours all around cuba. This sounds like a unique experience as you’re able to many other cities in Cuba including the famous Havana.
If you were able to go to the show this year, what was your favorite part?